If you’ve been watching “So You Think You Can Dance,” then you know that the show’s go-to Argentine tango specialists are Miriam Larici and Leonardo Barrionuevo. On the June 2, 2013 show, you’ll see more of their choreography and if that inspires you to get out and try to tangle with tango, you’ll have plenty of opportunities this month.
Attending an intensive tango weekend
This weekend, Larici and Barrionuevo are one of the featured master teachers at the 16th Nora’s Tango Week this weekend in San Mateo. You can make reservations at the San Mateo Marriott Hotel for a special discount of $119 per night and 50 percent off of parking.
Cost for the full four days is $495 per person cash only and includes:
- 12 classes per day to choose from (10 a.m. – 6 p.m.)
- A daily evening workshop
- A daily afternoon seminario
- Daily chamuyos
- Nightly milongas with DJ’s Emilio Flores and Yuling
- Live music on select evenings by Seth Azarnow y su Sexteto Tipico
A one-day pass is $180 for five classes and 1 chamuyo. One-day plus a milonga runs $205-$215 depending on the day. A milonga only package is $130 at the door.
The master teachers for this event are:
- Ariadna Naveira & Fernando Sanchez
- Nito & Elba
- Graciela Gonzalez
- Carolina Del Rivero & Donato Juarez
- Miriam Larici & Leonardo Barrionuevo
You can also pay for afternoon seminars or evening workshops. For more information visit www.TangoWeek.com. All milongas are open to the public at various prices.
Larici and Barrionuevo teach Los Angeles area classes in July
Tuesday, July 16th
- 1st Class: 7:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. “Dynamic, Changes & Syncopation” (Beginners / Intermediate)
- 2nd Class: 9:05 to 10:35 p.m. “Milonga: move to the next Level” (Intermediate / Advanced)
Tuesday, July 23rd
- 1st Class: 7:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. ” Milonguero Style” (Beginners / Intermediate)
- 2nd Class: 9:05 to 10:35 p.m. “The Zig-Zag: Improve your Navigation” (Intermediate / Advanced)
Tuesday, July 30th
- 1st Class: 7:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. “Getting started with off-axes figures” (Beginners / Intermediate)
- 2nd Class: 9:05 to 10:35 p.m. “Mixing Colgadas & Sacadas” (Intermediate / Advanced)
Cost of classes:
- 1 Class only: $21
- 6 Classes Pass: $114
- 12 Classes Pass: $210
Packages of classes are non-refundable and expire July 30th, 2013. There is no credit for unused classes.
More Info and Registration go to: www.LAdeTango.com. You can also email:
Phone: (206) 255-3634