MTV will be geeking out from Comic-Con International in San Diego all weekend long, beginning on Thursday, July 18 with the highly-anticipated return of a “Teen Wolf” panel featuring all five series regulars and new cast members who play the twin Alpha werewolves, Max and Charlie Carver. Additionally, the network, along with MTV2, MTV News and MTV Geek will be on the ground at Petco Park, home of the San Diego Padres, for the first-ever “MTV2 Party in the Park.” Open to all Comic-Con badge holders, the July 18 event celebrating the die-hard fans in attendance at Comic-Con will feature live music performances, free food and drinks and the taping of “Guy Code Honors,” a one-hour special starring the casts of “Teen Wolf” and MTV2’s “Guy Code” that premieres Sunday, July 21 at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT on MTV and MTV2.
The complete schedule for “MTV Geekend” on-air programming will include the following:
- “Guy Code Honors” (Airs Sunday, July 21, 8:00 p.m. ET/PT): The cast of MTV2’s hit show “Guy Code” geeks out for one special night, saluting the best movies and TV shows that wowed the inner sci-fi, thriller and fantasy fans in all of us this past year, while looking ahead to the titles destined for greatness in the year to come. Filmed from San Diego during the MTV2 “Party in the Park,” the hour-long special will feature performances, celebrity appearances and advance looks at major upcoming films, all while “Guy Code” cast favorites Jon Gabrus, Jordan Carlos, Damien Lemon and Chris Distafano break down which movies, shows, actors, heroes and heroines rocked the hardest.
- “MTV’s Comic-Con Live!” (Thursday July 18 through Sunday, July 21): MTV News’ Josh and MTV Geek’s Steven will anchor MTV’s live streaming coverage of Comic-Con all weekend long, delivering hourly exclusive reveals of fans’ favorite shows and most-anticipated movies. “MTV’s Comic-Con Live” will feature interviews with the biggest names in movies, TV, comics and video games, while including comprehensive reports from the panels, the floor, the press rooms and the streets. The coverage starts on Thursday July 18 and leads into “Guy Code Honors” on Sunday night. Be sure to keep it locked to Comic-Con.MTV.com for the schedule and updates.
The complete schedule for on-the-ground events during “MTV Geekend” at Comic-Con will include the following:
- “Teen Wolf” Comic-Con Panel (Thursday, July 18): “Teen Wolf” cast members Tyler Posey, Dylan O’Brien, Tyler Hoechlin, Crystal Reed, Holland Roden, Daniel Sharman, Max Carver, Charlie Carver and Executive Producer Jeff Davis are taking Comic-Con by storm again, and giving fans an exclusive first-look at an all-new trailer, along with the latest scoop from season three during the Q&A session. Jarett Wieselman, Editorial Director of ET Online, will moderate the panel. The panel location and exact time will be announced at a later date. “Teen Wolf” airs Monday nights at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT on MTV.
- “MTV2 Party in the Park” (Thursday, July 18, 7:00 p.m. PT): The first-ever “MTV2 Party in the Park” will celebrate the fans at Comic-Con, paying tribute to them and honoring them with access to the hottest live musical performances, along with free food and drinks. It all takes place Thursday, July 18 at Petco Park from 7:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. PT. Performers will be announced at a later date.
- “MTV Presents: Creator Pitch LIVE!” (Friday, July 19): Join MTV Comics Executive Editor Tom Akel for the 2nd annual “MTV Presents: Creator Pitch LIVE!,” a live pitch competition between three of the top creators in the business. Last year’s winner David Petersen (Mouse Guard) will be back to defend his crown against two new challengers. Creators are presented with a topic just a few weeks out from the convention and then develop original pitches that the fans vote on to determine the winner!
- MTV Comics Premieres Graphic Novel “The Gloom”: The first graphic novel from MTV Comics premieres at Comic-Con! From acclaimed writer Tony Lee (Doctor Who, Starship Troopers), and artist Dan Boultwood via Arcana Studios, comes the adventures of “The Gloom!” In 1940s Manhattan the vigilante The Gloom is America’s last line of defense against the Nazis, classic pulp heroism, and common sense! Tony Lee will be signing copies of “The Gloom” at Arcana’s booth #2415.