Monday night on “Dancing with the Stars” was devoted to the music of Stevie Wonder. Wonder was performing the songs for the dances and besides the individual dances by each of the remaining couples, the remaining eight couples were divided into two teams: Team Paso doble headed by Zendaya and Val Chmerkovskiy and Team Samba headed by Kellie Pickler and Derek Hough.
Two couples earned two tens each: Zendaya and Chmerkovskiy and Pickler and Hough. Pickler and Hough received the first ten of the season from head judge Len Goodman. That mean a tie until the team scores put Pickler and Hough ahead because Team Samba received a 25 while Team Paso Doble received a 22. Zendaya and Chmerkovskiy fell to third with Alexandra Raisman and Mark Ballas in second place.
So the standings with the individual dances had a tie for the top and the bottom (boxer Victor Ortiz and Lindsay Arnold with comedian Andy Dick and Sharna Burgess). Alexandra Raisman and her partner Mark Ballas were in third place.
- Zendaya & Val Chmerkovskiy/Kellie Pickler & Derek Hough (29)
- Alexandra Raisman & Mark Ballas (27)
- Ingo Rademacher & Kym Johnson (24)
- Jacoby Jones & Karina Smirnoff (22)
- Sean Lowe & Peta Murgatroyd (21)
- Victor Ortiz & Lindsay Arnold/Andy Dick & Sharna Burgess (18)
The ties for first and last place were broken with the team dance scores. Team Paso Doble was:
- Zendaya & Val Chmerkovskiy
- Jacoby Jones & Karina Smirnoff
- Victor Ortiz & Lindsay Arnold
- Ingo Rademacher & Kym Johnson
The song was “Higher Ground” and their score was 22 (7,8,7) with head judge Len Goodman giving the highest score, 8. Ortiz and Arnold performed a paso doble during week 4 and received a score of 18 (6, 6, 6).
Team Samba was:
- Kellie Pickler & Derek Hough
- Andy Dick & Sharna Burgess
- Sean Lowe & Peta Murgatroyd
- Alexandra Raisman & Mark Ballas
Dick and Burgess, Lowe and Murgatroyd, and Raisman and Ballas had already performed the samba in competition. Dick and Burgess and Lowe and Murgatroyd did the samba this week as their individual dance while Raisman and Ballas performed a samba last week side-by-side with Tony Dovolani and Witney Carson for a score of 25 (8, 8, 9) last week. Team Samba received a score of 25 (8,9,8) with Len Goodman again being the most generous judge.
With the combined scores, Sean Lowe and Peta Murgatroyd moved up from fifth to tie with Indo Rademacher and Kym Johnson for fourth place.
- Kellie Pickler & Derek Hough (29+25=55/60)
- Alexandra Raisman & Mark Ballas (27+25=52/60)
- Zendaya & Val Chmerkovskiy (29+22=51/60)
- Sean Lowe & Peta Murgatroyd (21+25=46/60)/Ingo Rademacher & Kym Johnson (24+22=46/60)
- Jacoby Jones & Karina Smirnoff (22+22=44/60)
- Andy Dick & Sharna Burgess (18+25=43/50)
- Victor Ortiz & Lindsay Arnold (18+22=40/60)
It’s probably time for Ortiz and Arnold to take a bow. They were at the bottom-two week 5, week 4 and week 2. Otherwise, Dick and Burgess should wave good-bye. But please don’t let Jacoby Jones leave the ballroom.
Below are the scores for the individual dances and the songs.
Zendaya & Val Chmerkovskiy :
- 29 (10,9,10)
- “Do I Do“
Kellie Pickler & Derek Hough :
- 29 (9,10,10)
- “Part-Time Lover“
Alexandra Raisman & Mark Ballas:
- 27 (9,9,9)
- “Isn’t She Lovely“
Ingo Rademacher & Kym Johnson:
- 24 (8,8,8)
- “Uptight (Everything’s Alright)“
Jacoby Jones & Karina Smirnoff:
- 23 (8,7,8)
- “For Once in My Life“
Sean Lowe & Peta Murgatroyd :
- 21 (7,7,7)
- “I Wish“
Victor Ortiz & Lindsay Arnold :
- 18 (6,6,6)
- “I Just Called to Say I Love You“
Andy Dick & Sharna Burgess:
- 18 (6,6,6)
- “Signed, Sealed, Delivered I’m Yours“
During the live shows, the judges will give each couple a score based on several factors, including technical execution. But the judges’ scores alone do not decide a couple’s fate.
Phone lines, text votes (AT&T customers only) and online voting will open at the top of each performance show so that viewers can vote for their favorites. Phone and text lines will stay open until 60 minutes after the end of the show in your local time zone. Online voting will remain open until 11 a.m. (Eastern Time)/ 8 a.m. (Pacific Time) the following day. Tuesday night, 23 April 2013, will be the fourth elimination for season 16 of “Dancing with the Stars.”
Who do you think should go?